If habits decide your future and you decide your habits, what are the habits you can acquire today that will help you create your ideal future?
We want to help you form the power habits that will help you achieve extraordinary results, in every area of your life. That’s why we wrote The ONE Thing, that’s why we created the Living Your ONE Thing Community, and that’s why we’re sharing this conversation with someone who has built a career focused on helping others create better habits, make better decisions, and live better lives.
Our guest is James Clear, author of the upcoming book Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones (releasing 10/16/18), and in this episode, he will share how you can become the architect of your habits, rather than continue to be a victim of them.
We recorded this conversation as part of our monthly ONE Thing webinar series. Every month, we feature an incredible author so that you can learn directly from them and ask questions. If you want to sign up for our next FREE monthly webinar, head over to the1thing.com/webinars.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [3:45] How you can leverage the compound effect of getting just 1% better every day.
- [10:05] ONE thing you can do to make forming good habits easier or unnecessary.
- [16:40] When you fall off the habit wagon, do you have to start over?
- [20:35] How you can utilize habits as an entry point to positive rituals & routines.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
What is that two-inch domino you CAN knock down that will help you form a power habit?
Sure, putting on your shoes and going out the door will not give you washboard abs – but does it make going for a run easier? It sure does! And if you set yourself up for success by focusing on that ONE, small, two-minute action, then you will start experiencing the cumulative benefits of getting just 1% better every day.
If you want more help on your journey, we have some FREE resources that can help: download a 66-day calendar and/or try out a PDF version of the upcoming The ONE Thing Planner.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at atomichabits.com
- Connect with James: Instagram | Facebook | Twitter
- Want to hear the rest of this interview? Head over to the1thing.com/webinars/atomic-habits-with-james-clear
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Want to look smart for a great price?
Back when Gary Keller and Jay Papasan started writing The ONE Thing, they asked, “What do we stand for?” They decided that, whatever they created, the bar for quality would be exceptionally high and whoever invested in it would receive incredible value. We still have that standard in our business, and we are always looking for other companies doing the same thing. In our search, we came across Beckett Simonon, a direct-to-consumer brand changing the way premium men’s shoes, bags, and belts are offered.
If you want hand-crafted, quality shoes and accessories made with integrity, use the code TOT for 20% off the already great prices at beckettshoes.com.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters