Are you multiplying or diminishing the people around you?
After we released episode 145 with Liz Wiseman, author of New York Times bestseller Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, we received a lot of feedback from all of you. We all know that no one succeeds alone – but working with and leading other people isn’t easy, and we’re not taught how to do it in school.
So for this episode, we brought Liz Wiseman back, but with a twist: instead of us interviewing her, she’s going to turn the tables on Geoff Woods and help him identify where he’s diminishing as a leader. Whether you own a business, are a leader in an organization, or are an employee, this is a valuable episode because it will help you gain clarity on where you could be doing a better job of showing up and how you are influencing the people around you.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [8:00] How your strengths can end up diminishing others
- [19:35] What leaders can give their teams space and reign themselves in during meetings or conversations
- [28:35] How learning a few “back pocket questions” can help you multiply the people around you (and what these questions sound like)
- [35:40] What accidental diminishers can do to start intentionally multiplying & what employees or family members can say when they are being diminished
- [55:55] ONE thing accidental diminishers should understand and implement
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Where might you be accidentally diminishing?
It’s not a bad thing to admit that you have diminishing tendencies – we all do! One of the three commitments of The ONE Thing is following the path of mastery; always focusing on how you can get just a little bit better in any area of your life. There are spaces where you are doing extraordinarily well, but there are also places where you’re still a student and opportunities to improve.
So what is the ONE thing you can do that will make multiplying the people around you easier or unnecessary?
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn More: multipliersbooks.com
- Connect with Liz: LinkedIn
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter by Liz Wiseman: Book
- The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools by Liz Wiseman: Book
- Take Liz’s FREE assessment to discover if you’re an accidental diminisher: http://multipliersbooks.com/adquiz
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters