What does football have to do with the 411?
Well back in 1960, the Packers made it to the NFL Championship, had a lead the whole game, and then lost to the Eagles in a stunning display in the fourth quarter. On the first day of training camp the following year, coach Vince Lombardi walked into the locker room, held up a football, and said, “This is a football.”
Why did Lombardi start with something so fundamental? He realized that if they could truly understand the surprising power of mastering the fundamentals, that that ONE thing could make everything else easier or unnecessary – and in 1961, the Packers went on to win the championship. So in this episode, we’re going to help you master the most fundamental tool in The ONE Thing toolbox: the 411.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [6:30] How to get clarity on what matters most thing is using the 411.
- [12:00] How to differentiate a priority from a distraction by goal setting to the now.
- [19:00] Why sometimes you will be succeeding so slowly that you feel like you’re failing.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Getting what you want out of life is not about doing more – it’s about doing more of what matters most.
Everything does not matter equally, and there are a handful of things that you can do, at any moment, that will create the majority of your results. Are you willing to try leveraging a 411 so that you are always clear on what those priorities are, so that your planner and your calendar can match your priorities?
If you want to get started on this…
- Download Your 411: https://www.the1thing.com/resources/
- Take the new Your 411 Training Course: https://www.the1thing.com/training/
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters