When you think of the word “struggle,” what comes to mind?
Many of us think of struggle as something negative, and it’s not a great feeling when you’re going through adversity, but we think today’s guest is going to change your mind about that.
Bobby Herrera teaches us that inside of struggle is a gift – a gift that can truly change the way that we lead. Fair warning: this episode will probably pull at your heart strings a little bit, but most importantly, it’s going to challenge you to think about your purpose.
Bobby teaches us that more isn’t the answer – and there’s no better way to focus on what really matters than hitting the RESET button. Check out the1thing.com/reset to learn more.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/podcast.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [8:15] How struggle helps you show up as a leader
- [11:15] What it looks like to work as one and act as a team, with one singular focus, even through struggle
- [17:20] How to help everyone on your team say yes to their ONE thing
- [21:45] What you can learn from Bobby’s mistakes and struggles
- [29:50] The lead domino for living a purposeful life
- [36:20] Why doing more is not the answer
- [48:00] The ONE Thing leaders can do to make everything else easier or unnecessary
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Read: The Gift of Struggle
- Learn more at https://bobby-herrera.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bobbyherrera.pg/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bobbyherrerapg/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BobbyHerreraPG
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bobby-herrera-5781821/
- The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat: https://trainings.the1thing.com/reset
- The ONE Thing training (for individuals and teams): http://the1thing.com/training
Do you know how to speak a second language?
In our personal lives and in business, learning to speak a second language can completely transform the opportunities that we have – but we’re busy people, and it just doesn’t feel like we have enough time. However, we didn’t have Babbel when we were growing up. Babbel is designed to help you start speaking a new language, confidently, in just a few weeks, giving you the option to do your bite-sized lessons in your internet browser or using their powerful app.
You can try Babbel for FREE and start speaking a language with confidence by going to Babbel.com.
The ONE thing that makes hiring easier or unnecessary…
Hiring is challenging, but there is ONE place you can go where hiring is simple, fast, and smart – and that place is ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing. Most of us who are in a hiring position would love to always be getting into relationships with top talent, but there’s so many other priorities that compete for our time. That’s what we love about ZipRecruiter: they find the right job candidates for you, and 80 percent of employers who post a job get a qualified candidate in just one day.
ZipRecruiter is inviting listeners of The ONE Thing to try for FREE – all you have to do is go to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.
Is going to the eye doctor taking too much time?
When you wear contacts, going to the doctor year after year, just to renew the subscription for something you wear every day, can feel like a waste of time. But you can do it on your own time, and in just minutes – now that’s vision care for the 21st century. This isn’t a replacement for your periodic full eye exam, but it will save you a lot of time and money ordering new contacts.
You can get $20 OFF your contacts at SimpleContacts.com/ONEthing or by entering the code “onething” at checkout.
The ONE Thing is a production of Crate Media