To go far—in business or in life—you have to lean on the knowledge and experience of those who’ve been where you want to go. That’s what mentorship is all about.
Easier said than done, though. People are busy—especially successful ones. But what if we told you that you can find all the mentors you need without them even knowing who you are?
Scott Jeffrey Miller is a speaker, author, and podcast host with over 25 years in the leadership development industry. His new book Master Mentors Volume 2 is a compilation of thirty transformative insights from the greatest minds he’s had the honor to interview on his podcast. He’s learned not only what great mentors have to teach, but also how to put their insights into practice with what he calls “informal mentorship.” We discuss the ins and outs of mentorship, how to find the right mentor for you, and how you can be a mentor to others.
If you’re looking for some mentorship of your own, Master Mentors Volume 2 is a great place to start. Learn from thirty of the greatest minds Scott Jeffrey Miller has interviewed and kick your mentorship off right.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/pods.
We talk about:
- The importance of mentors in the leadership process
- The difference between formal and informal mentorship
- Finding the right mentor for you at the right time
- The difference between coaching and mentoring
- Lessons learned from master mentors
Links & Tools from This Episode
- Learn more at scottjeffreymiller.com
- Read: Master Mentors Volume 2
- Instagram: @scottjeffreymiller
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/scottmillerj1
- Free Resources
- Want to be a guest or share feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hiring is challenging — but there’s one place you can go that makes is simple.
If you’ve ever had to hire a new person, you know how difficult and time-consuming hiring can be — and you know this is a perfect task to delegate so that you can spend more time focusing on Your ONE Thing. ZipRecruiter will go out and find the candidates for you, and 4/5 businesses find a quality candidate within the first day.
You can try ZipRecruiter for free by going to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.