Are you aware of the influence you exert on the lives of others? You hold the potential to utilize your skills, knowledge, and experience to foster growth in others, guiding them towards defining and achieving their own vision of success. This is the essence of mentorship.
In this episode of The ONE Thing Podcast, we welcome back Scott Jeffrey Miller, a leader with a wealth of experience primarily in the domain of mentorship. We delve into the necessary tools, roles, and skills required to become an effective mentor.
Whether you’re conscious of it or not, you are most likely in a position to utilize your life experiences to facilitate someone else’s growth. Scott enlightens us on how to become an outstanding mentor, recognizing the diverse roles one might need to assume in the mentoring process, and the importance of setting a common goal with the mentee. We also explore the pros and cons associated with each of these roles, and discuss the critical skills required to succeed in mentorship.
Interested in bringing The ONE Thing’s principles and tools into your life or business? Our focus is coaching. We are confident that our tools and frameworks can help you excel. Learn more about our coaching programs at the1thing.com/coaching. Embrace the principles of The ONE Thing to shape your life and business.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/pods.
We talk about:
- Recognizing the people in our lives that influence us and how we influence others
- The difference between leadership, coaching, and mentorship
- Finding clarity on your goal – and your mentee’s goal
- The 13 roles of a mentor, when to employ them, and when to avoid them
- How to find a mentor or mentee
Links & Tools from This Episode
- Learn more at scottjeffreymiller.com
- Read “The Ultimate Guide to Great Mentorship”
- Connect with Scott on LinkedIn
- Follow Scott on Instagram: @scottjeffreymiller
- Free Resources
- Want to be a guest or share feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Produced by Nova Media