Is stress hurting your performance at work or home? We all deal with stressful situations, but high achievers understand how to get beyond them and avoid getting burnt out. In the last episode, we met Dana Cavalea, who was the Director of Strength and Conditioning for the New York Yankees when they won the 2009 World Series. Today he will share how professional athletes and high achievers use simple strategies to maximize their performance in the long-term.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Are you struggling with something so much that it occupies your mind when you should be present somewhere else? If you want to change the way you perceive that thing, then you need to change the story you tell yourself. Identify the meaning you associate with that particular situation in your life and consider how you can rewrite that story. Can you recognize, right now, that the situation is a growth opportunity?
In this episode you will learn…
- [10:25] Why you sometimes have to hit the brakes and celebrate your accomplishments.
- [16:40] How high performing athletes avoid burnout.
- [22:00] Why you don’t have to be afraid of saying no.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more about Dana: DanaCavalea.com | Twitter | Facebook
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters