If you aren’t building a database – if you aren’t building a community to engage with your customers – your business is vulnerable. Our guest, Josh Dorkin, is Founder and CEO of BiggerPockets, the leading real estate investing community and media company. They help more than 750,000 members focus on networking, dealmaking, and education by fostering an active community, publishing books, and recording a weekly podcast. In this conversation, you will discover how Josh used principles from The ONE Thing to cast a big vision, think strategically, and build a business that offers long-term value.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Block out one hour every day for strategic thinking – what are the things you absolutely must do to accomplish everything else? If you take the time to pause and then focus on your priorities, it will help your business more than completing every small task on your to-do list.
In this episode you will learn…
- [7:45] What it means to identify your core values and build them into a business.
- [13:15] Why you will sometimes need to sacrifice short-term profit to create long-term value.
- [15:10] How to think big with a base in reality (and why small actions will set you up for success).
- [20:50] Why you have to prioritize (if you care about what you’re trying to accomplish).
- [25:05] Why work isn’t just about doing.
- [29:40] How to transform your business by blocking out just ONE hour every day.
- [34:00] How entrepreneurs can avoid a common hiring mistake with a simple mindset shift.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Connect with Josh: Twitter | Instagram
- Listen to the BiggerPockets Podcast
- Join the BiggerPockets Community
DON’T MISS IT
We’re opening up our membership platform for TWO WEEKS! Do you have the regular habit of looking at all of the things you can do and identifying the one thing you should do first? If the answer is no, this community is for you. We created a weekly accountability system that is helping members act in order of priority and accomplish more, and we want to help you too. If you want to know when we announce and launch this membership platform, you can text the word “FOUNDER” to the number 33444 or go to the1thing.com/membership. We’re only going to open the doors for two weeks before we close them so that we can serve our members to our highest capability.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters