Are you doing the same thing every day, working hard, without actually living your purpose? Sometimes it takes something catastrophic to compel us to do something different, or to take an action that we previously didn’t have the confidence to take.
For Jeff Sanders, host of The 5 AM Miracle Podcast, it took being hospitalized for him to realize that most of the things on his calendar simply didn’t matter. Jeff completely changed the way he manages his time, and the experience prompted him write a book called The Free Time Formula. In this episode, Jeff shares how he schedules his time, how he chooses what to invest his time in, and what you can do to begin taking action today.
In this episode you will learn…
- [4:40] How to look at your calendar in an entirely new way.
- [7:00] Why you don’t need to (and shouldn’t) fill every time block on your schedule with a task.
- [14:10] How you can optimize your time by utilizing your strengths.
- [18:00] How to begin auditing your time & identifying the changes you need to make.
- [20:40] The ONE thing that makes everything easier or unnecessary, when it comes to acting in order of priority.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We urge you to take Jeff’s story as an opportunity to pause and reflect; if you continue to do what you have been doing, every day for five years, what will your life look like? Are you living the life you want to be living? If you want to make a change, first look at the seven circles: your spirituality, physical health, personal life, relationships, jobs, business, and finances. Now choose just one area and ask the focusing question: What is the smallest domino that you CAN knock over that will make everything else easier or unnecessary, in your world?
Keep asking that question until the answer is something so small, so doable, that it almost seems too easy. Think big, but go small – and prove to yourself that you can knock that lead domino down today.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Connect with Jeff: jeffsanders.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Listen: The 5 AM Miracle Podcast
- Read: The Free Time Formula
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Do you need a reset?
On June 23rd & 24th, we’re hosting our very first Mid-Year Reset Retreat – a chance for you to reflect on how things are going, re-evaluate what’s working, simplify your approach, establish a new plan, and time block it. If you want to learn more about The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat (June 23rd & 24th in Austin, TX), head over to the1thing.com/resetretreat.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters