Today, we want to take you on a journey. We host this podcast to show you new ways to live The ONE Thing at a higher level, and one of the ways that we learn best is through story, or through other people’s experiences. Our guest, Dan Quiggle, was well on his way to building a successful business – but the number of hours he worked prevented him from doing the thing that mattered most: being a father who was present for his daughter. While you listen to Dan’s story, assess where you are in your journey: Are you striking the right work-life counterbalance for you? Are you holding onto tasks that are limiting your impact? What does it mean to show up for the people who matter most in your life?
In this episode you will learn…
- [2:20] Why work-life balance doesn’t exist.
- [6:40] How you can build a business that scales without you.
- [10:30] The ONE thing that separates successful people from extraordinary leaders.
- [14:05] How you can practice work-life presence.
- [19:20] What you can do to transition from work mode to family mode (and vice versa).
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
What was the ONE thing from this episode that resonated most with you? For us, it was when Dan asked, “Who’s getting the worst of you?” Many of us consider being a parent or spouse as the more important role in our lives, but too often, we give so much energy to work that our family gets the worst of us. So what’s the ONE thing you can do to show up as best version of yourself in the role that is most important to you? Continue to ask yourself that question until you narrow it down to one, specific, measurable activity that you CAN do. (You can get your own 66-Day Challenge Calendar at the1thing.com/66daychallenge.)
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Download Dan’s free eBook: quigglegroup.com/kitchencabinet
- Connect with Dan
- We want your feedback! Click here to leave a review in iTunes
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Are you achieving extraordinary results? If the answer is no, why do you think that is? Gary Keller once said, “Sometimes you’re failing so slowly that you think you’re succeeding.” If you continue to act the way you are now, in the long term, what do you think will happen? This is the time of year to pause and ask ourselves these questions; it’s time for a reset. We’re bringing this model to you for the first time – a chance for you to reflect on how things are going, re-evaluate what’s working, simplify your approach, establish a new plan, and time block it. If you want to learn more about the very first The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat (June 23rd & 24th in Austin, TX), head over to the1thing.com/resetretreat.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters