Do you feel the ceiling, pressing right above your head? Are you wondering why you aren’t quite breaking through? The only way you shatter that ceiling of achievement is when you identify and start fo follow models and systems that will allow you to from E to P, or from entrepreneurial to purposeful. Gary Keller argues that you’re not a business owner until you can step away from your business, and your net worth goes up.
Josh Fonger has a particular expertise in this: he is co-founders and partners with the author of Work the System, which is all about how you can build these systems into your business.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [8:40] What you can ask yourself to gain clarity on your strategic vision.
- [15:30] How to relinquish control over things that have to be done by others & build necessary systems.
- [25:50] How to create principles as guideposts for living the values of your organization.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Can you, at some point over the next seven days, document one process? Pick ONE thing in your business or personal life – even if it’s brushing your teeth – and prove to yourself that you can document what you do, when you do it, why you do it, and the result you get by doing it. If you’d like to see a version of our document and get a jumpstart, go to the1thing.com
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at workthesystem.com
- Connect with Josh on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/joshfonger
- Want to join Jay & Geoff for the very first The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat (June 23rd & 24th in Austin, TX)? Head over to the1thing.com/resetretreat.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog! — Business news is dense and dry – but it doesn’t have to be that way.
- Morning Brew delivers the latest business news directly to your inbox every weekday morning. Both Jay Papasan and Geoff Woods subscribe because they’re witty, conversational, and just actually enjoyable to read. And you know what the best part is? It only takes five minutes. You can sign up for free at MorningBrew.com to get started with your quick and daily dose of business news.
Do you need a reset?
On June 23rd & 24th, we’re hosting our very first Mid-Year Reset Retreat – a chance for you to reflect on how things are going, re-evaluate what’s working, simplify your approach, establish a new plan, and time block it. If you want to learn more about The ONE Thing Mid-Year Reset Retreat (June 23rd & 24th in Austin, TX), head over to the1thing.com/resetretreat.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters