Are you limiting the possibilities of anyone in your world? We believe that leadership is teaching people how to think so that they can get what they need when they need it – but too often, we limit those around us, especially when it comes to creativity. However, achieving extraordinary results, even if you’re not an artist or don’t consider yourself creative, requires a level of unfettered creativity. Todd Henry, host of The Accidental Creative, joins this episode to share how we can stop putting up these roadblocks and start allowing the people around us to do their most important – and most creative – work.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [6:20] How you can support your people’s creativity by helping them protect their time.
- [10:00] How you can maintain trust with your team (or, more accurately, avoid losing trust).
- [21:20] What you can do to create challenges that stimulate creativity, for yourself and your team.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Look at your normal day, look at how you have been investing your time, and ask yourself: Am I currently setting myself up to get my most important work done and create my best work? Based on that, what’s the ONE thing you can do that will make creating extraordinary work easier or unnecessary?
You might come up with a BIG answer. If that’s the case, keep asking yourself the clarifying question – what’s the ONE thing I can do that will make achieving that easier or unnecessary – until you’ve identified a single action, a two-inch domino, that you CAN knock down every day.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at accidentalcreative.com
- Connect with Todd: ToddHenry.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Listen to Geoff on The Accidental Creative: accidentalcreative.com/podcasts/ac/the-one-thing-with-geoff-woods
- Want to help us reinvent the planner? Go to the1thing.com/planner.
- Create a routine & get more productive at millionaireproductivityhabits.com
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
Business news is dense and dry – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Morning Brew delivers the latest business news directly to your inbox every weekday morning. Both Jay Papasan and Geoff Woods subscribe because they’re witty, conversational, and just actually enjoyable to read. And you know what the best part is? It only takes five minutes. You can sign up for free at MorningBrew.com to get started with your quick and daily dose of business news.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters