If you want to build an extraordinary business, if you really want to serve your customers at the highest level, your best bet is to build habit-forming products. We’ve struggled with this ourselves, and in our journey to learn more about creating world-class products we stumbled across a book called Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products.
Hooked was enlightening and the insights are helping in our own business, so we invited the author, Nir Eyal, to teach us more about what it takes to create products that truly make an impact.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [5:00] Why making a product that people want to use isn’t enough
- [6:40] The four fundamental steps of creating a “hook”
- [13:20] The lead domino you need to know down to create habit-forming products
- [22:50] How you can start actually doing your most important work in a world filled with distractions
- [27:35] ONE thing you can do that will make it easier or unnecessary to stay focused on the things that matter most
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
One of our favorite things from this conversation is the idea of looking at the experience of creating a habit-forming product. There are four steps:
- The triggers
- The actions
- The rewards
- The investments
What is the ONE step that you can focus on first, and prove to yourself that you can get a win?
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at nirandfar.com
- Connect with Nir on Twitter: @NirEyal
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- Business news is dense and dry – but it doesn’t have to be that way. Morning Brew delivers the latest business news directly to your inbox every weekday morning. Both Jay Papasan and Geoff Woods subscribe because they’re witty, conversational, and just actually enjoyable to read. And you know what the best part is? It only takes five minutes. You can sign up for free at MorningBrew.com to get started with your quick and daily dose of business news.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters