Where there’s a will, there’s a way. True or false? FALSE! Willpower (like gas in a tank) is a finite resource. You can do powerful things with willpower, but sometimes willpower fails or you simply run out of it. Jay Papasan, co-author of The ONE Thing, is back to share what our team discovered about the willpower myth so that you can be more productive.
In this episode you will learn…
- [1:00] What willpower is… and what it isn’t.
- [2:10] Why your willpower is never unlimited.
- [3:30] How to refuel your cognitive stamina.
- [4:38] ONE little trick to keep you focused (without a coffee break).
- [5:33] AH-HA Moment: When you should focus on your most important work.
- [7:26] Why you should make important decisions when you have more willpower.
- [8:21] Why being extraordinary is a cumulative process.
- [11:45] How you can create a positive halo effect in your life by doing this for just 15 minutes a day.
- [14:20] How this big misconception about The ONE Thing holds you back.
- [14:42] The ONE thing to implement from this episode.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
The ONE Thing isn’t about picking the right ONE thing – it’s about picking something. Pick something that you can do for yourself or your business, first thing in the morning, that will give you positive momentum. It can be as simple as making your bed or working for your first 15 minutes in the office… just give yourself a WIN!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- “Do You Believe These Six Productivity Myths?”
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Make the most out of your willpower with our cheat sheet! Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Get a FREE digital copy of the bestselling book The ONE Thing! We are on a mission to become the #1 podcast in iTunes. You can help us get there by subscribing to the show. Click here to subscribe. Once you subscribe (either on your phone or computer), take a screenshot showing that you subscribed, and email that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you a link to get your FREE digital copy 🙂
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters