We’ve been thinking about accountability wrong for years. Accountability isn’t a punishment – it is a GIFT! Today’s guest, Jonathan Raymond, is CEO of Refound and author of Good Authority. He will teach you how practicing accountability with kindness can lift people up, keep them on track, and help them be a better version of themselves.
In this episode you will learn…
- [3:20] The BIG thing missing in most business conversations.
- [5:42] What accountability REALLY means.
- [6:53] Why accountability is not fundamentally about consequences.
- [8:40] How you can communicate your expectations with clarity.
- [10:50] Why it is your responsibility as a manager to take ownership of the accountability process.
- [12:03] How to have positive conversations about accountability using the five-part Accountability Dial.
- [14:10] Why self-awareness and transparency are critical if you want to be a better manager.
- [17:23] How to reframe conversations with employees so that you can build them up.
- [20:55] How you can reframe conversations about accountability in your personal relationships so that you can grow together.
- [23:13] How to have the perfect conservation.
- [27:35] ONE mindset shift that you have to make if you want to be a great manager.
- [30:15] How this dirty little management secret can improve long-term productivity and happiness.
- [34:00] Why establishing clear boundaries will set your team up for success.
- [39:53] What to do when you’re out of management options.
- [41:26] Why handling difficult management situations correctly will help your team see that you’re an awesome manager and transform the company culture.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
You can practice your management skills, help a struggling employee, and affect positive change in their life using The Growth Meeting Guide. Set aside 30 minutes. Identify a team member who is concerning or frustrating you. Fill out Refound’s Growth Meeting Guide. Answer each question honestly. You will receive personalized step-by-step instructions for having effective 1×1 meetings with your team, including scripts and question prompts. Follow the guide to set up meetings over the next 7, 30 or 365 days.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn More from Jonathan at Refound.com:
- The Accountability Dial – Infographic
- The Growth Meeting Guide – A free tool that will help you turn your concerns and frustrations into action
- The Good Authority Bootcamp – A 6-week management training program that combines an online course with group and individual mentoring
- Good Authority: How to Become the Leader Your Team Is Waiting For by Jonathan Raymond
- Watch Simon Sinek Answer “The Millennial Question”
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Get a FREE digital copy of the bestselling book The ONE Thing! We are on a mission to become the #1 podcast in iTunes. You can help us get there by subscribing to the show. Click here to subscribe. Once you subscribe (either on your phone or computer), take a screenshot showing that you subscribed, and email that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you a link to get your FREE digital copy 🙂
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters