How do you prosper at home, crush it at work, and find the balance to thrive at both? In this episode, we explore the challenges of thriving both as a parent and as a professional – and the small actions you can take to overcome those challenges. This came up because Lori Roethler, today’s guest, joined one of our Facebook Live streams and mentioned she was struggling in this area of her life. (If you want to join the conversation, our Facebook Live streams are every Monday and Thursday at 2:00 PM CST.)
In this episode you will learn…
- [2:15] Why balancing your personal and business life can make you feel guilty.
- [6:12] Why you sometimes need to prioritize yourself first (even as a parent).
- [8:45] Why big change often comes from taking small steps.
- [10:48] How accountability can give you the support you need to crush goals.
- [15:04] How you can leverage boundaries in your professional life to make your ONE thing at home easier or unnecessary.
- [19:50] How you can prevent your phone from stealing personal time.
- [26:42] The ONE thing to implement from this episode that will help you strike a balance between your professional and personal life.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
If you are looking to strike the balance between thriving personally and professionally, start by answering these two questions… What is the ONE thing you can do to be present with your family that will make them feel like you are there for them? How much focused quality time will that require? It’s not about the amount of time – it’s about the quality of time. Now share your ONE thing with your family so that they can hold you accountable. Underpromise and overdeliver!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Print out your own 66-Day Calendar Join our Facebook Live streams every Monday and Thursday @ 2PM (CST)
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Get a FREE digital copy of the bestselling book The ONE Thing! We are on a mission to become the #1 podcast in iTunes. You can help us get there by subscribing to the show. Click here to subscribe. Once you subscribe (either on your phone or computer), take a screenshot showing that you subscribed, and email that photo to firstname.lastname@example.org We will then send you a link to get your FREE digital copy 🙂
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters