When you’re setting goals, do you ask yourself who in your life directly contributes to whether or not you achieve that goal?
No one succeeds alone – but most people try to. One of the biggest mistakes we see people making is that they set goals by themselves, then they struggle throughout the year because the most important people in their life aren’t on the same page.
Our guests Jake and Alyx Dreyfuss blocked off time for their first couples goal-setting retreat last year. In this episode, Jake and Alyx share the discussions they had, the changes that have occurred over the past year, and what they’re doing differently for this upcoming year.
If you want to learn more about what it looks like to go on your own goal-setting retreat, go to the1thing.com/event and check out what we’re doing for The ONE Thing Couples Goal-Setting Retreat in Nov. 2018.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [12:30] How you know when you aren’t on the same page with the people close to you.
- [17:00] What has surprised Jake & Alyx since their goal-setting retreat.
- [24:15] Why you should set goals with not just your significant other, but also your business partner and/or team.
- [26:50] What you should avoid when you’re setting goals.
- [27:45] How to set goals when you aren’t a natural goal setter (and why you should).
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
The ONE Thing is the surprisingly simple truth behind extraordinary results – it’s not the surprisingly easy truth. In this episode, you hear how challenging the process of setting goals together is… and you also hear how much it helps.
Who is riding shotgun with you who you can sit down with and have the deep conversations, which you might have been avoiding up until now? It’s not about negotiating for whose goal is going to win. It’s about understanding what the other person wants and asking how you can help them get it.
What would be possible in your life if you made a goal-setting retreat a yearly ritual?
Whether you choose to do it yourself or join us in Austin in Nov. 2018, go to the1thing.com/event to learn more about what it takes.
Links & Tools From This Episode
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Come join us at this year’s Couples Goal Setting Retreat!
The ONE Thing Couples Goal Setting Retreat is more than an inspirational conference. It’s a 2-day workshop where you will discover a proven model for casting a vision for your life and establish 5-year and 1-year goals WITH the people that matter most to you. Whether you go with a significant other, a business partner, or team, discover how to achieve extraordinary results TOGETHER!
Go to the1thing.com/event to learn more & sign up for The ONE Thing Couples Goal Setting Retreat (Nov. 17-18, 2018 in Austin, TX)!
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters