Half of all Americans make New Year’s resolutions each year – but how many succeed?
According to a study conducted by the University of Scranton and published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology, only EIGHT PERCENT of people who set resolutions will actually succeed in implementing them.
Today, we want to share why we believe that so many people fail – and the ONE thing you can do to be successful in making the changes you want to make this year.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [2:45] Why most people aren’t successful in implementing their resolutions.
- [5:40] Why does it matter if you get in better shape, get more organized, or spend less (three of the most common resolutions)?
- [6:30] How to get clear on the WHY and PURPOSE behind your goals.
- [11:30] Why your time blocking needs to reflect your priorities.
- [13:30] What motivates people.
- [18:00] What you can do to turn a resolution into a habit.
- [22:45] ONE tip for becoming part of the 8% who succeed.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
So, where do you get started?
Like anything with The ONE Thing, we encourage you to think big and then go small. So instead of thinking about everything we talked about in this episode, we encourage you to focus on just the ONE thing you can do that will make everything else easier or unnecessary.
Keep asking the clarifying question until you find a specific, measurable activity – then go on a 66-day challenge, put that activity in your calendar, and make that activity a habit.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Get your 411 & 66-Day Challenge Calendar: https://www.the1thing.com/resources/
- The ONE Thing Goal Setting Master Course: http://the1thing.com/training
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.