Are you living a life by default or are you living a life by design?
Most of us are living a life by default. We wake up, take action, experience some successes, experience some failures, then repeat – but we get what we get by default. When billionaires set goals, however, they cast a vision into the future, then look backwards and set goals to the now. That’s how we live a life by design.
In this episode, we’re sharing the first half of Jay Papasan and Geoff Woods’s keynote presentation at the Keller Williams Family Reunion Convention 2019. This part is about the high-level principles of goal setting like a billionaire, and in the second part, we will dive into the tools billionaires use for goal setting.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [3:40] How you can start goal setting to the now
- [11:20] What you can learn from Gary Keller about getting clarity on your goals
- [16:00] Where in your life are you currently chasing distractions and saying no to what is truly the priority?
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
If you want to achieve extraordinary results, you can’t set goals looking forward. You have to have a vision for where you want to end up so that you can look back and identify the path that will get you there.
When you do that, you will know how to separate a true priority from a distraction.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- To help you start this process, go download the FREE Kick Ass Guide® to Goal Setting.
- If you want more support, join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- If you want to have your own goal setting retreat, check out The ONE Thing Couples Goal Setting Master Course
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Check out our awesome blog!
The ONE thing that makes hiring easier or unnecessary…
Hiring is challenging, but there is ONE place you can go where hiring is simple, fast, and smart – and that place is ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing. Most of us who are in a hiring position would love to always be getting into relationships with top talent, but there’s so many other priorities that compete for our time. That’s what we love about ZipRecruiter: they find the right job candidates for you, and 80 percent of employers who post a job get a qualified candidate in just one day.
ZipRecruiter is inviting listeners of The ONE Thing to try for FREE – all you have to do is go to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters