Imagine you are on an airplane and, along the way, it starts to deviate just a few degrees off course – if the plane does not correct course over the length of that flight, do you think you’ll end up in the right destination?
Probably not, and who knows where we would end up! But this is the way that most people live their lives – they wake up, take action, and move forward, but they’re not always clear on exactly where they’re going or why they’re going there. And when they’re off course, they’re not even aware of it, which is why so many people live a life by default instead of a life by design.
So, today, we want to introduce you to Dr. Cindy McGovern, who has been living the principles of The ONE Thing to ensure that she has a great career, and you will hear how purpose and planning were fundamental to living her mission: changing the way that people view sales.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/podcast.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [2:30] Why every job is a sales job
- [4:45] How adopting the sales mindset will help you have a career worth having
- [13:30] Why most people don’t do the simple things that get results
- [19:30] The biggest mistake that most people are making as they trying to live The ONE Thing
- [29:35] The sales skills that every person should be trying to master
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at drcindy.com
- Every Job is a Sales Job: How to Use the Art of Selling to Win at Work
- Instagram: instagram.com/1stladyofsales/
- Facebook: facebook.com/DrCindyMcGovern/
- Twitter: twitter.com/1stladyofsales
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/cynthiamcgovernorangeleaf
- If you want to discover what’s possible when you belong to a community that supports your goals, go to the1thing.com/learnmore.
What stops you from being as consistent as you want to be?
We call them the three C’s – clarity, control, and community – and this is what most people are missing when it comes to living The ONE Thing. If you are trying to live The ONE Thing in your life, but you’re struggling, we invite you to join Living Your ONE Thing because they’re a group of people who are developing that sense of clarity, feel in control, and are creating a community that supports their goals.
If you want to discover what’s possible when you belong to a community that supports your goals, go to the1thing.com/learnmore.
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.