When you set your goals, are you doing it by yourself or with your significant other?
When we’re not aligned with the people who are most important to us, the people who have a significant stake in our lives, we’re eliminating one of the most powerful support systems we have — and putting obstacles in the path of our goals. So how can we get them on board with the goal-setting process, even if they’re not goal setters themselves?
In this episode, we’re going to look at what one couple did in this exact situation, Kaelyn Loes and Brent Wallace. One of them was your prototypical goal setter — they read the book, listened to the podcast, used productivity apps — while the other felt that the goal-setting process restricted them at times. But today, they go on this journey together, and in this episode you’ll learn about the tools and conversations that helped them come into alignment.
If you want to put the ideas discussed in this episode into action, consider joining us at our Goal-Setting Retreat. And if you can’t make it to Austin this year, we’ll help you host your own retreat with the Kick Ass Guide® to Your Couples Goal Setting Retreat and the Goal Setting Retreat Master Course.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [2:00] Why being disinterested or disengaged with your partner’s goal-setting process can devalue their goals
- [6:00] How to support your goal-setting partner, even if you aren’t a goal setter yourself
- [20:15] How going on of a couple’s goal-setting retreat can change your relationship
- [27:50] How goal-setting retreats can create much-needed context around your partner’s goals
- [31:00] What happens if you discover that you and your partner aren’t aligned
- [41:15] Questions you can ask your partner to enlist their support in the goal-setting process
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Join us at our Goal-Setting Retreat (Nov. 9th & 10th in Austin, TX): the1thing.com/event.
- Download the FREE Kick Ass Guide® to Your Couples Goal Setting Retreat
- We’ll help you facilitate a retreat with the Goal Setting Retreat Master Course
Are you looking for your dream home?
When your family is looking for a home, it can feel like everything you want is just a dream. We all have some unrealistic visions on home buying, but Realtor.com encourages you to get real about the process and find the perfect home for you. Realtor.com comes with all of the tools and features you need to find your home — because it’s not about finding your dream home, but a home you can dream in.
You can find your home to dream in at Realtor.com.
What’s in your cologne or perfume?
It’s a question that more of us are asking these days, and it’s one of the reasons we’re excited to introduce you to Phlur, creators of stunning, non-toxic perfumes and colognes. But Phlur don’t just make you smell great – they’re also transparent about the ingredients in all of their products, so you know you’re not putting anything on your body that you don’t want to. Plus, all of their scents are gender-free and the sampling process is just plain fun.
If you want to try your new, clean scent for 20% off, head over to Phlur.com/ONE.
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.