Who is winning in the fight for your attention?
Our attention is incredibly valuable — but the smartest designers in the world are creating applications and technology focused on ONE thing: getting your attention for as long as possible. It’s easy to give our attention to the shiny packaging and notifications that are right in front of us… but what becomes possible when we own our attention?
Anthony Ongaro got tired of all the distractions, so he developed a new approach called Break The Twitch, which helps people regain focus and act purposefully in the moment. You can’t form a new habit if you can’t give it attention for weeks on end, so the advice you’ll hear in this episode is critical for anyone who wants to live The ONE Thing.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/podcast.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [3:40] When addiction is the new marketing, what can we do?
- [8:05] What is “The Twitch?”
- [12:45] How you can break the email twitch
- [18:00] How to break The Twitch sequentially, not simultaneously
- [20:50] How you can become more purposeful about habit formation
- [26:00] Creating a powerful fitness habit
- [28:00] ONE thing that will make getting into a flow state easier or unnecessary
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at Break The Twitch
- Listen to Break The Twitch Podcast
- Want to be a founding member? Help us create our next event: the1thing.com/summit
- Download your 66-day calendar
Will you help us create our next event?
We’re working on a new mid-year event concept and we want to customize it to you: What topics do you need to learn more about? What are you passionate about? Do you know anyone who is living The ONE Thing with purpose?
Please share your ideas with us at the1thing.com/summit!
When you started your business, did you dream of drafting proposals, contracts, and tracking down payments?
If not, you need Honeybook, an online business management tool that organizes your client communications, bookings, contracts, and invoices all in one place. It makes it simple to run your business better, and it can even consolidate services you already use like Quickbook, Google Suite, Excel, MailChimp, and Gmail.
Do more of what you love and get 50% off by going to Honeybook.com/ONE. Payment is flexible and the promotion applies whether you pay monthly or annually.
Hiring is challenging — but you don’t have to do it all by yourself!
If you’ve ever had to hire a new person, you know how difficult and time-consuming hiring can be — and you know this is a perfect task to delegate so that you can spend more time focusing on Your ONE Thing. ZipRecruiter will go out and find the candidates for you, and 4/5 businesses find a quality candidate within the first day.
You can try ZipRecruiter for free by going to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.