How is it that, when we all have the same amount of time, some of us achieve extraordinary things while others are simply ordinary?
Everybody knows how to set goals, but what we need to figure out is how to have a relationship with them. How do you stay in touch with the things that you said are important? It’s tough to do, but there’s a simple practice that will help you stay in contact with the things that are important.
We’ve previously talked about how to stop spending your time and start investing it. This happens when you create a model for your time, and the best model you can create for your time is time blocking. It’s so simple most people ignore it, but simplicity is how we get things done.
If you would like to use The ONE Thing Planner to create a time model, we still have some available at the1thing.com/amazon.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [08:35] How to get clear on your lead domino every day
- [13:33] Getting clear about where you are going and why it’s important
- [20:00] Blocking your vacations for the year
- [30:03] How a physical planner breaks us free of treating everything equally
- [33:49] Placing your big boulders in the planner
- [47:17] Putting value on your time
- [49:28] Building a bunker
Links & Tools From This Episode
Hiring is challenging — but you don’t have to do it all by yourself!
If you’ve ever had to hire a new person, you know how difficult and time-consuming hiring can be — and you know this is a perfect task to delegate so that you can spend more time focusing on Your ONE Thing. ZipRecruiter will go out and find the candidates for you, and 4/5 businesses find a quality candidate within the first day.
You can try ZipRecruiter for free by going to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.