Do you ever look at your calendar and find yourself trying to fit the important things – let alone trips to the restroom – between meeting after meeting?
Everyone feels like they have too much on their plate and not enough time. That’s a problem because it leads to us spending our time instead of investing it. When that happens, you may find yourself looking up at the end of the day and questioning what you really got done.
The ONE Thing is about the surprisingly simple system that allows you to go from being busy to being productive. Dorie Clark, bestselling author, has just published a new book called The Long Game, and it is completely aligned with The ONE Thing. We’re going to walk you through what it means to play the long game, how you start creating more white space in your life, and the tools to help you start saying “no” to the things that don’t matter.
If you would like to have a conversation around how to understand what your priorities are within an organization and make sure that your actions line up with that vision, visit the1thing.com and request a consultation.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/pods.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [03:04] How to recognize when your life is unsustainable
- [06:57] Understanding how long the long game actually is
- [09:33] What it means to play the long game
- [15:56] How to bridge the gap when you’re only focused on the moment
- [20:59] How to give yourself space for the things that matter
- [27:01] Making small investments instead of drastic moves
- [30:18] Building a life portfolio of experiences
- [33:31] Creating white space in your life
- [39:37] How to get comfortable with saying no
- [44:03] Beginning the journey to playing the long game
Links & Tools From This Episode
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great. They’re definitely not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself: is it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.
When you’re busy, it can be a challenge to get dinner on the table every night.
Sovereignty creates game-changing supplements to help your focus and your sleep. Their focus blend uses CBG and adaptogens to deliver results you can feel almost instantly. And their sleep blend calms the mind and body while helping you fall asleep and stay asleep.
Visit sov.live and use code “ONE” for 20% off your first purchase.