You can’t build a business on your own. And as you grow, the people who helped you build may no longer be a good fit for their role—or for the growth and direction of the company. So how do you handle these employees? And how do you hire for the future?
Kurt Wilkin is the co-founder of Hire Better, an award-winning agency based in Austin, Texas, and the author of Who’s Your Mike?: A No-Bullshit Guide to the People You’ll Meet on Your Entrepreneurial Journey. We talk about who those people are, and more importantly, how to handle the transitions as your organization grows.
Learn all about “Mike” and the different employee archetypes in your company in Kurt Wilkin’s book, Who’s Your Mike?
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/pods.
We talk about:
- Who “Mike” is and how to find them in your business
- The pros and cons of hiring friends in your business
- The real cause behind “the great resignation” and how you can avoid it in your organization
- Identifying values and aligning them with your goals
- Approaching remote or in-person work
- What to do when your company outgrows an employee
- Recognizing when you’re the problem
Links & Tools from This Episode
- Learn more at kurtwilkin.com
- Read: Who’s Your Mike?
- Free Resources
- Want to be a guest or share feedback? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if you could learn a skill from one of the best?
With Masterclass, you get truly immersive learning experiences taught by masters at the top of their field. The best part: You can learn from the best minds anytime, anywhere. You can learn at your own pace and revisit whenever you need. That thing you’ve always wanted to do is closer than you think.
Get unlimited access to everything at masterclass.com/one and get 15% off an annual membership.
Hiring is challenging — but you don’t have to do it all by yourself!
If you’ve ever had to hire a new person, you know how difficult and time-consuming hiring can be — and you know this is a perfect task to delegate so that you can spend more time focusing on Your ONE Thing. ZipRecruiter will go out and find the candidates for you, and 4/5 businesses find a quality candidate within the first day.
You can try ZipRecruiter for free by going to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.