There’s a common phrase that gets thrown around when it comes to teamwork: “There’s no ‘I’ in ‘Team.’” But every team is made up of individuals—when we lose sight of that, the whole team suffers.
Teams need to be able to work together as a whole, but we can’t forget to address the individual influences and strengths that each person brings to the team. And each team, or even the entire company, can be viewed as a single “individual.” That’s the thesis that Brian and Mary Smith put forth.
Brian is the founder and senior managing partner of IA Business Advisors, a management consulting firm that has worked with more than 18 thousand CEOs, entrepreneurs, managers, and employees worldwide. Together with his daughter Mary, they’ve authored the book Individual Influence: Find the “I” in Team. We have a conversation about positive influence and making a difference in your organization and the people around you.
If you want to learn how to improve and manage your influence, pick up Individual Influence.
To learn more, and for the complete show notes, visit: the1thing.com/pods.
We talk about:
- Highlighting the individual strengths within groups
- Taking responsibility for your influence
- Setting goals individually and as a team
- Understanding your own strengths and limitations
- Using assessments to build communication infrastructure within teams
- The benefits of slowing down and being in the moment
Links & Tools from This Episode
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/yourbizdr
- Read: Individual Influence
- Free Resources
- Want to be a guest or share feedback? Email email@example.com
Hiring is challenging — but there’s one place you can go that makes is simple.
If you’ve ever had to hire a new person, you know how difficult and time-consuming hiring can be — and you know this is a perfect task to delegate so that you can spend more time focusing on Your ONE Thing. ZipRecruiter will go out and find the candidates for you, and 4/5 businesses find a quality candidate within the first day.
You can try ZipRecruiter for free by going to ZipRecruiter.com/ONEthing.