Can your personal relationships be improved? Do you find it difficult to switch from work mode to home mode? When you are hyper focused on work, your life can fall off balance. That’s why we brought Alison onto the show to help you clarify your direction and focus your vision.
In this episode you will learn…
- [4:00] It’s possible to appreciate your personal life and still not find every activity stimulating.
- [6:30] Why physical activity can help shift your focus away from work.
- [8:45] How you can develop creative solutions to make your home experience more engaging for everyone.
- [10:30] Why more accountability in your personal life can be a powerful motivator.
- [11:40] How time blocking can be implemented in your personal life
- [15:30] How you can make a little tweak to your personal routine to make it better for you and the people in your life.
- [17:30] The importance of showing up in an effective manner, even when you’re tired.
- [19:00] How just a few minutes of Family Yoga can help center a whole family.
- [22:50] The critical role that reliability plays in your personal life.
- [26:00] The biggest challenge in establishing a healthy work-life balance.
- [28:00] One 2-minute exercise you can do now to center yourself and shift your perspective.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
A short exercise to help find balance in your personal and professional life: Close your eyes for a moment. Take one or two deep breaths to center your body. Imagine that you are a fly on the wall in your home and you can see your family or friends. Look from the perspective of a fly on the wall and write down what you see, in terms of what is beautiful about them. What’s amazing about these people who are in your life?
Links & Tools From This Episode
- The ONE Thing: Website
- Book Alison’s Website – Alison Cardy specializes in helping men and women around the world with career changes
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Get a FREE digital copy of the bestselling book The ONE Thing! We are on a mission to become the #1 podcast in iTunes. You can help us get there by subscribing to the show. Click here to subscribe. Once you subscribe (either on your phone or computer), take a screenshot showing that you subscribed, and email that photo to email@example.com We will then send you a link to get your FREE digital copy 🙂
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters