It’s easy to give something away… but do you know how to give strategically? Business owners have a tremendous opportunity to do more than just make a profit – they can make a massive impact in the world, and this has been top of mind for us in light of the devastating natural disasters in Texas, Florida, and Puerto Rico. Jay Papasan recently took the stage to deliver a keynote about why making more money also means you can make a more significant impact, and how you can give a million dollars away strategically. We want to share this valuable training with you because we believe it’s vital that business owners leverage their businesses as vehicles for positive change. If you want to learn more about strategic giving, you can join us for our first live event: What: The ONE Thing Goal Setting Retreat When: November 30th, 2017 – December 1st, 2017 Where: Austin, Texas How: the1thing.com/event
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We want to challenge you: How can you begin to give? What is the one thing you can do, immediately? Can you give your gratitude, your time, your leadership, or your wealth? Think big about the type of legacy you want to leave, and then start by taking small actions.
In this episode you will learn…
- [8:00] Why you should give (and why people usually don’t).
- [13:00] How micro-giving can make a real difference.
- [16:50] Why the highest achievers are usually Strategic Givers.
- [28:30] How you can think bigger about setting goals in your personal life.
- [40:50] The Bill Gates model for leaving a legacy.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- Get your FREE audiobook copy of Give and Take!
- During this episode, Jay mentioned an incredible book: Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success by Adam Grant. If you like this episode, we think you’ll love the book – and our friends at Audible want to help you do that. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be Give and Take.
- Have you ever gone on a retreat to work on your personal goals?
- We’ve found that most people haven’t applied proven business principles for setting goals to their personal life, and that’s why our first live event will be a goal setting retreat: What: The ONE Thing Goal Setting Retreat When: November 30th, 2017 – December 1st, 2017 Where: Austin, Texas If you’d like to get out of your environment, spend two days with Geoff Woods and Jay Papasan, and establish clearly defined goals for the next year, go to the1thing.com/event. There are limited spots and we expect to sell out, so take action now while seats are available.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters