Do you wake up every single day intentionally adding value to specific relationships? Too many of us take our relationships for granted, and we aren’t approaching our relationships with a strategy – but nurturing the relationships that matter most is an under-appreciated and transformative power habit. Steve Sims has built a legacy out of forming relationships at a very high level. He is the author of Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen and the Founder of Bluefish, a concierge service for the elite of the elite. If you want to visit the Titanic, get married by the Pope, or have dinner at the footsteps of Michelangelo’s David while being serenaded by Andrea Bocelli, Steve is the man who can make it happen – and he can do that because of the relationships he has formed.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We want you to think intentionally about the people in your life. Write down a list of everyone you like, and if you write down a name that you actually don’t like you will feel it in your gut. Put a star next to that person. Then ask yourself a few questions about that person: – What role do they serve (if they serve one at all)? – What should that relationship look like moving forward? Maybe there shouldn’t be a relationship at all. – What’s the ONE thing you can do, such that by doing it, will allow you to shift that relationship? Have this conversation with yourself and take action – because, truly, you cannot afford not to.
In this episode you will learn…
- [15:00] How you can overcome limiting beliefs (and why your limiting beliefs keep Steve in business).
- [18:20] ONE simple strategy you can use to approach anyone and set yourself apart.
- [32:30] Why the most successful individuals are usually looking for mentees (especially entrepreneurs).
- [38:15] How you can use The Chug Test to assess your relationships and remove people who shouldn’t be in your life.
- [45:20] Why failure is a mindset – and how you can re-write the story that you’ve failed.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Bluefishing: The Art of Making Things Happen
- Were you told that if you worked hard and saved in your 401k that, one day, you would retire and secure your slice of the American Dream? We were told that story, but if you look at the wealthy, that’s not how they got there. We’re excited to introduce you to Patrick Donohoe and his team at Paradigm Life because they specialize in an investment strategy that creates wealth, and they want to share it with listeners of The ONE Thing podcast. If you go to PerpetualWealthStrategy.net, you can download the free report: The Entrepreneur’s Hierarchy of Investment.
- Get your FREE audiobook copy of Bluefishing! If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and that’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be Bluefishing.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters