Everyone has at least one person who truly matters to them… and many of us are doing ONE thing that is harming that relationship. In The ONE Thing, Gary and Jay lay out the seven most important areas of your life: spirituality, physical health, personal, relationships, job, business, and finances. We often set goals around our jobs, businesses, and finances… but those are rubber balls, and if we drop them they can bounce back. Spirituality, physical health, personal life, and relationships are glass balls – if you drop one of them, it will shatter. Lewis Howes is the New York Times Bestselling author of The School of Greatness and The Mask of Masculinity, and he joins the show to share why you are hurting your most valuable relationships and the ONE thing you can do to turn it all around.
We recorded this conversation as part of our monthly ONE Thing webinar series. Every month, we feature an incredible author so that you can learn directly from them and ask questions. If you want to sign up for our next FREE monthly webinar, head over to the1thing.com/webinars. Time is running out! Join us for our first live event: What: The ONE Thing Goal-Setting Retreat When: November 30th, 2017 – December 1st, 2017 Where: Austin, Texas How: the1thing.com/event
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Lewis suggests you start by asking yourself this question: On a scale of 1 to 10, where am I at in my career, my intimate relationships, and my health? Focus in on just one of those areas and ask yourself: what is the ONE thing I can do to improve that area this week?
In this episode you will learn…
- [8:10] How to make your relationships & conversations more meaningful to others.
- [12:25] How masculinity can distort the way you express yourself (and, ultimately, harm others).
- [16:50] The key to success, in life and relationships.
- [18:00] How both men and women can identify when they’re wearing masks, and then break past them.
- [26:50] How you can balance thriving in work and at home.
- [37:10] Why waiting to express yourself is one of the biggest mistakes that you can make in a relationship.
- [42:00] How you can support your loved ones when they are wearing a mask.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more with Lewis: LewisHowes.com | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Listen to The School of Greatness podcast
- The Mask of Masculinity: How Men Can Embrace Vulnerability, Create Strong Relationships, and Live Their Fullest Lives
We have fallen in love with JavaPress coffee for ONE simple reason – it’s roasted fresh to order. Everything JavaPresse does is designed to help you enjoy a moment that you craft for yourself, every day, and their coffee is unique because it’s organically grown, ethically sourced, and roasted fresh to order. It also makes a perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life! To get fresh roasted coffee straight to your door and a FREE Manual Burr Coffee Grinder, head over to the1thing.com/coffee to sign up for your first month’s shipment.
Get your FREE audiobook copy of The Mask of Masculinity! We know you enjoy listening to powerful messages, so we think you’ll enjoy listening to audiobooks. That’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book. We hope you enjoy listening to The Mask of Masculinity!
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters