Building a lasting legacy requires learning how to succeed through others, but before you can do that, you have to show up as a leader. We have been looking at how to develop our own leadership skills, and what we’ve learned from today’s guest, Jocko Willink, has blown our minds – so we want to share it with you. Jocko is the author of Extreme Ownership and a retired United States Navy SEAL commander (he was the commander of the titular sniper in the movie American Sniper). His stories will help shift your mindset about extreme ownership and discipline – and if you make these shifts, it will transform how you show up as a leader and your ability to deliver extraordinary results.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Imagine where you’ll be in three months if you do this every day: – Before you go to bed, write down the critical things you need to do tomorrow. – Wake up early in the morning & exercise – Attack that list and get those things done.
In this episode you will learn…
- [7:10] Why there are no bad teams – only bad leaders.
- [12:45] What it looks like when you enforce standards and take responsibility as a leader.
- [25:30] How you can communicate more effectively with your team, and ensure understanding.
- [29:40] How you can prioritize and execute (even in a stressful situation).
- [36:25] Why hitting the snooze button is killing your dreams (and the ONE power habit that has given Jocko the greatest benefit).
- [40:30] How you can take ownership of your day and control your emotions and outlook.
- [52:45] How you can implement extreme ownership in your life.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Listen to the Jocko Podcast
- Connect with Jocko: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
- Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual The Way of the Warrior Kid
Were you told that if you worked hard and saved in your 401k that, one day, you would retire and secure your slice of the American Dream? We were told that story, but if you look at the wealthy, that’s not how they got there. We’re excited to introduce you to Patrick Donohoe and his team at Paradigm Life because they specialize in an investment strategy that creates wealth, and they want to share it with listeners of The ONE Thing podcast. If you go to PerpetualWealthStrategy.net, you can download the free report: The Entrepreneur’s Hierarchy of Investment.
Get your audiobook copy of Extreme Ownership! If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and that’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething, or text ONETHING to 500500, you can join Audible for just $4.95/month for your first three months (normally $14.95), where you can listen to Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters