We spend 25% of our life, if not more, at work – and many of our workplaces are broken; we lack fulfillment. We lack control, we lack clarity on where we are going, and too many of us don’t feel like we’re waking up every day to trade our lives for something of value. If that’s a problem for you, you’re in the right place.
Today’s guest is going to help you get clarity on ONE thing that will help you find more fulfillment. Adam Grant has been recognized as Wharton’s top-rated teacher for six straight years, and as one of the world’s 25 most influential management thinkers. He is also the author or co-author of three New York Times bestselling books: Give and Take, Originals, and Option B.
We recorded this conversation as part of our monthly ONE Thing webinar series. Every month, we feature an incredible author so that you can learn directly from them and ask questions. If you want to sign up for our next FREE monthly webinar, head over to the1thing.com/webinars.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We love Adam’s empowering message. Whether you’re a manager or an employee, you have DNA in your results. Our questions for you is, what is the ONE thing that you’re not doing that would allow you to find more fulfillment in what you do? Consider where in your life you are treating everything like it matters equally. Where are you going BIG and trying to do everything where you could be going small, focusing on the unique area where you can truly make the greatest impact and enjoy the greatest results?
In this episode you will learn…
- [6:00] The 3 things you need to get motivated at work.
- [13:00] Why top performers are willing to experiment.
- [23:40] How being clear on your priorities will help you manage your time (and say no when it’s appropriate).
- [33:00] How you can be more purposeful about when and how you give.
- [45:30] The ONE thing you can do to start transforming the fulfillment you find in what you do.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at AdamGrant.net
- Connect with Adam: Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
- Adam’s TED Talk: “The surprising habits of original thinkers”
Get your FREE audiobook copy of Give and Take, Originals, and Option B! If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and that’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be Give and Take, Originals, or Option B.
We are HIRING!
We are hiring an amazing Community Manager, and we would love for that person to come from this community. If you are someone, or know someone, who loves to create amazing content, engage with a community, and wants to manage all of the content for the business, please go to the1thing.com/jobs.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters