When you go to social events, are you networking or are you not working? We’ve been there – going to networking events and masterminds without really getting or giving any value in the experiences that we share with others. But with a little bit of knowledge, we can stop wasting time and start networking with purpose.
To help us, we sit down with a human behavior expert: Vanessa Van Edwards, the lead investigator at her research lab, Science of People, and the bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People.
In this episode you will learn…
- [2:05] How you can have dazzling conversations (and what that means).
- [5:10] The biggest lie we’re told about people skills and charisma.
- [8:20] How you can identify what kind of person you are and set yourself up for networking success.
- [13:45] What you can do to create a better first impression.
- [19:40] The ONE thing you can do right now to develop more meaningful relationships.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We love what Vanessa said about being a highlighter – when you introduce one person to another person, and you really rave about what makes them exceptional, it leaves a lasting impression. And when you make this a habit, it forces you to listen more intently because, if you know you will have to recall information about them, you will listen with purpose. What is the ONE thing from this episode that made the biggest impression on you? We really want to know. You can click here to share with us what you learned, and what actions you’re taking, in a review on iTunes.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at scienceofpeople.com
- Connect with Vanessa: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
- Get your FREE audiobook copy of Captivate!
- Audible is offering a special for our ONE Thing podcast fans: a free 30-day trial membership and a free audiobook. Go to audible.com/onething or text “ONETHING” to the number 500500 to get started, and to get your free copy of Captivate.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters