When it comes to The ONE Thing, the tip of the iceberg is your results, or your profit – but what lies underneath the surface, supporting those results? We can’t get the right results if we don’t take the right actions, we can’t choose the right actions if we don’t know what our priorities are, and we can’t know what your priorities are if we don’t have clarity on our purpose. That’s why we’re sharing a conversation with a woman who is completely driven by purpose, and we encourage you to listen for three themes: when purpose comes into the picture, when she starts narrowing her focus, and how she moves from Entrepreneurial to Purposeful.
Christina Sass is the Co-Founder & President of Andela, which CNN called “the startup that’s harder to get into than Harvard.” They are on a mission to train 100,000 world-class software developers in Africa to bridge the divide between U.S. and African tech sectors, and it’s remarkable what they’ve been able to accomplish in just a few years.
In this episode you will learn…
- [8:00] How you can solve a BIG problem by focusing on ONE action.
- [18:30] What it looks like to narrow your focus and say no to everything else.
- [24:05] How you can start moving from E to P.
- [30:50] Why (and how) anyone can start shifting the culture in an organization.
- [34:50] ONE thing you can do to find more success in business.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We love what Christina says at the end of this conversation: “Purpose is a currency all on its own. Find your purpose, and the means to attack it will follow.” Are you clear about what your purpose is, or do you have a general sense of what it might be?
The path to discovering your purpose starts by getting on the path. So how much time, every week, are you intentionally pausing to think about what your purpose might be? If you invest zero time, you won’t have any clarity.
If you want to get on the path, we want to help. Click here to take your first step by joining the Living Your ONE Thing community.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at Andela.com
- Connect with Christina: Twitter | LinkedIn
- We want your feedback. Click here to leave a review on iTunes
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar
Do you want to stop sacrificing your time with the people who matter most?
Money is a renewable resource. If you lose it, you can always get it back. But time is lost forever. When we ask people if they would rather get more time back or more money, they always say time. We share this because you don’t have to live with regret. In the Living Your ONE Thing membership training program, you will learn how to thrive in business without sacrificing time for the things that matter most.
If you find yourself struggling with time, head over to the1thing.com/membership or text the word ACCOUNTABILITY to the number 33444 to start your 7-day trial.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters