Why is it that some people are able to achieve extraordinary results year after year, while others work so hard without getting the results they deserve? In this episode, we’re going to show you how ONE thing – purpose – can completely change your performance, the performance of your team, and provide everyone in your world with a greater sense of fulfillment and meaning.
To teach us why purpose is the ONE thing for building great teams and how you can go about bringing it into your everyday life, we’re talking to Don Yaeger, a nationally acclaimed inspirational speaker, longtime Associate Editor of Sports Illustrated, and author of over 30 books (eleven of which have become New York Times best sellers). We recorded this conversation as part of our monthly ONE Thing webinar series. Every month, we feature an incredible author so that you can learn directly from them and ask questions. If you want to sign up for our next FREE monthly webinar, head over to the1thing.com/webinars.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [9:30] Why the 1992 USA men’s basketball team is the greatest collection of talent ever to wear the same jersey – and what you can learn from them.
- [16:00] Why you want a team full of patriots, not mercenaries.
- [26:30] The ONE thing that separates the best teams from everyone else.
- [27:35] What can you do to get clarity on who you’re serving and start feeling it – right now?
- [29:40] How organizations can create that “feel it” moment so that their teams better understand who they’re serving & impacting.
- [33:45] The 3 ways “feel it” comes into play within organizations.
- [41:05] How you can foster a sense of purpose & connection for remote teams.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Purpose is a topic that’s very near and dear to our heart (we’re even writing a new book all about bringing purpose into your life!). We hope this episode gave you a chance to pause, take a step back, and identify the areas of your life where you ask WHY? Why are you doing what you’re doing, who are you in service of, and how does what you do help others get what they want? We’d love to hear your answers to those questions and your feedback to the show. You can share them with us by clicking here to leave a review in iTunes or sharing it on social media using #theONEthing.
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Learn more at donyaeger.com
- Connect with Don: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Greatness: The 16 Characteristics of True Champions
- Great Teams: 16 Things High Performing Organizations Do Differently
- What Makes the Great Ones Great
- Start your own 66-day challenge with a FREE 66-day calendar
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Get more support & accountability: Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Check out our awesome blog!
- Get your FREE audiobook copy of one of Don’s books!
If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and that’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething or text the word “onething” to 500500, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be What Makes the Great Ones Great or any of Don’s other books.
The ONE Thing is produced by Podcast Masters