The ONE Thing is about the surprisingly simple truth behind extraordinary results — but anyone who has tried knows that simple doesn’t mean easy.
Life throws us curveballs. We lose clarity on what The ONE Thing is. We struggle to protect our time blocks when life happens. We are taking on more and looking for higher levels of achievement, but the models and systems we have in place are being stressed. How, in those moments, can we get back on track?
Today, our guest is Chris Hofmann, who is a member of our Living Your ONE Thing Community. He was well on his way to building a career as a successful executive, counterbalancing that with a great family life, when his world was turned upside down by a series of strokes. Before he knew it, simple tasks were no longer so simple — but he used The ONE Thing to put his life back together.
If you want to join Chris in the Living Your ONE Thing Community, you can try it for FREE for two weeks at the1thing.com/community.
In this episode, you will learn…
- [4:30] What it’s like when it feels like almost every area of your life is reset to zero
- [8:20] What happens when you keep asking the focusing question until you find the smallest action you can take
- [11:30] How to close the gap between clarity and execution
- [14:15] How to enlist support from your team and/or family
- [21:20] What it looks like when your team adopts The ONE Thing mindset — and what changes
- [35:20] How to stay consistent on your journey to Living Your ONE Thing
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Join the Living Your ONE Thing Community for FREE for two weeks at the1thing.com/community
- Find resources for yourself, your team, or your family at the1thing.com/training
Is your job Your ONE Thing?
Sometimes you get to a point in your career where you look up and realize that what you’re doing isn’t Your ONE Thing. But we also know how challenging it can be to find a job that is just the right fit – and that’s where ZipRecruiter comes in. All you have to do is download the ZipRecruiter Job Search app, let it know what kinds of jobs you’re interested in, and the technology will do the hard work for you.
Download the FREE ZipRecruiter Job Search app today: ziprecruiter.com/mobile.
Do you run a small business?
Small business owners wear a lot of hats. Some of those hats feel incredible to wear. However, filing taxes and running payroll… well, for most of us, they don’t feel great and they’re not our ONE thing. That’s where Gusto comes in to help you make payroll, taxes, and HR easy. So ask yourself, it time to take off some of your hats?
You can get three FREE months when you run your first payroll at Gusto.com/ONE.