We’ve heard a lot of you reach out and ask a simple question: How do I find a mentor? Most of us realize that we can live a richer life by upgrading the five people we spend the most time with, but first, we need guidance from people who have already achieved what we want to achieve. We were honored to have Geoff Woods featured on the Access to Anyone podcast with Michael Schein & Michael Roderick, and the episode was so valuable that we wanted to share it with you. This conversation will help you build real relationships, improve your networking, and find a mentor that will help you achieve more.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
Today, in just one interaction, approach someone with the intention of being more interested in them than trying to get them to think you’re interesting. Can you approach them with a sincere and genuine curiosity about where they need help, and if you can help them? You may be surprised by the reaction.
In this episode you will learn…
- [5:50] How you can build better relationships with ONE simple lesson.
- [9:10] Why high achievers give without expecting anything in return.
- [16:00] How you can make an appealing ask and avoid taking from potential mentors.
- [23:20] How to choose where to invest your most valuable asset – your time.
- [34:45] Why you should make goals based on what matters to you (and how to ignore what society says your goals should be).
- [37:20] ONE surprisingly simple way to open up new opportunities (and how you can do it).
- [39:35] How you can genuinely add value to others.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Listen to Access to Anyone
- Learn more about Michael Schein: microfamemedia.com
- Learn more about Michael Roderick: smallpondenterprises.com
DON’T MISS IT
We’re opening up our membership platform for TWO WEEKS! We’ve been working with our founding members to create a membership platform that will help you take control of your time, find clarity about your purpose and goals, and give you the confidence to silence the world around you. If you want to know when we announce and launch this membership platform, you can text the word “FOUNDER” to the number 33444 or go to the1thing.com/membership. We’re only going to open the doors for two weeks before we close them so that we can serve our members to our highest capability.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters