Do you believe that hustling and working long hours will eventually make you successful? Gary Keller says that if you work long enough, you can muscle your way to a result… but you end up cheating yourself out of an extraordinary life. In this episode, we’re going to talk about how you can begin to make shifts so that you work a set number of hours, and then you actually live a life outside of your professional world.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We hope this episode helps you think a little bit differently about how you invest your time so that you can live a more extraordinary life.
Step 1: Get clear on your priorities. Head over to the1thing.com/resources to download a free copy of Your 411.
Step 2: When you have clarity on your priorities, time block it on your calendar.
Step 3: After your priorities are on your calendar, proactively identify the distractions that are most likely to pop up and think about how you will handle them in advance.
In this episode you will learn…
- [4:35] What it means to be efficient and effective with your time.
- [7:50] Why we sometimes feel busy, but don’t feel like we’re getting anything done.
- [9:25] How to leverage the potential of your 411 to focus on your priorities.
- [12:10] How you can take back your time by thinking BIG, and then acting small.
- [13:00] How you can proactively protect your time and finish your most important work.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- The Kick Ass Guide To Accountability Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Download a free copy of Your 411
- Get a FREE audiobook that will sharpen your skillset! If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks. That’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. We’ve recently come across an incredible audiobook that is highly relevant to this episode: Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work & in Life, One Conversation at a Time by Susan Scott. We’re using the book to sharpen our skillsets, and we think it’ll help you too. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be First Conversations.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters