So many people trying to grow a successful business create a product, try to sell it, and then focus on scaling… but they’re making a massive mistake. We made this same mistake in our business, too, for at least a year. Then we heard about the book Hacking Growth, and it changed the way we thought about marketing. Sean Ellis is the author of Hacking Growth, and he was responsible for scaling businesses like DropBox, EventBrite, and LogMeIn – and those companies achieved tremendous levels of success because they did ONE thing differently.
The ONE Thing to Implement From This Episode:
We challenge you to run a survey that helps you understand WHO your must-have users are and WHY they consider your product a must-have. The first question: How would you feel if you could no longer use ? They can answer Disappointed, Somewhat Disappointed, Not Disappointed, or Not Applicable (I no longer use it). The follow-up question: What is the primary benefit that you have gotten from this product?
In this episode you will learn…
- [1:40] What “hacking growth” really looks like.
- [5:45] How Sean improved the usage rate of a product by 1000% in just four months (and the unexpected way that affected company growth).
- [9:20] What it means to create a “must-have” product.
- [13:20] How to identify whether or not your product is considered a “must-have” (and then leverage that data).
- [19:00] How you can foster more love for a product.
- [24:30] How to hone in on your most beneficial product features (and why it is important).
- [35:00] The ONE metric you need to figure out.
AWESOME FREE RESOURCES FOR YOU!
- Form your first power habit with your 66 Day Challenge Calendar Check out our awesome blog!
- [FREE Training] How to Start Time Blocking TODAY!
Links & Tools From This Episode
- Connect with Sean: Twitter | LinkedIn
- Hacking Growth: How Today’s Fastest-Growing Companies Drive Breakout Success by Sean Ellis & Morgan Brown
- Get your FREE audiobook copy of Hacking Growth! If you enjoy listening to podcasts, you probably also enjoy listening to audiobooks, and that’s why Audible is sponsoring this episode. If you go to audible.com/onething, you can create a free account and get a free credit for your first book, which could be Hacking Growth.
- Do you ever feel like you’re so focused on the future that you forget to be present in the moment? We know that stopping to celebrate the moments that matter is required, and that’s the purpose behind JavaPresse Coffee Company. Everything JavaPresse does is designed to help you enjoy a moment that you craft for yourself, every day, and their coffee is unique because it’s organically grown, ethically sourced, and roasted fresh to order. To craft your next moment that matters, head over to the1thing.com/coffee and use the coupon code ONETHING to get 15% off your first three months of shipments.
Production & Development for The ONE Thing Podcast by Podcast Masters